Friday, April 24, 2009

Week 9, #22 ebooks/Audio ebooks

I checked out the World Ebook Fair site at www.worldbookfair.com. It lists in one place several different providers of ebooks over the Internet, the first being the Gutenberg Project, which provides free ebooks, unlike the other providers who charge a membership fee. The Gutenberg Project is a great asset. Two years ago I was working at updating resources for the media center of a very small private school and included the Gutenberg Project in my recommendation list. It is a great way to expand a school library.

I also checked out Librivox at http://librivox.org which includes free audio ebooks from the Gutenberg Project. Lots of people love to listen to audio books while commuting. My mother always has an audiobook in her car CD player. This is something she would be interested in because it isn't always easy to find a good audiobook at the public library.

Best Places to Get Free Books is a site found at http://www.friedbeef.com/best-places-to-get-free-books-the-ultimate-guide/ This is a great site providing links to free ebooks, trading real books, etc. Someone obviously put in a lot of time and effort on this. I could easily spend hours on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment